Radio Kingston Live Stream
The purpose of this EEO Public File Report (“Report”) is to comply with Section 73.2080(c)(6) of the FCC’s Equal Employment Rules. This Annual EEO Report summarizes the relevant hiring and EEO outreach conducted by WKNY 1490 AM.
The information contained in this Annual EEO Report covers the time period from November 1, 2017 to February 1, 2018 (the “Applicable Period.”) Consistent with the FCC’s Rules, the following information:
A list of all full-time vacancies filled by the Station(s) during the Applicable Period;
2. For each such vacancy, the recruitment source(s) utilized to fill the vacancy, including any such sources that have asked to receive information from the station about any new job openings, which are separately identified;
3. The recruitment source that referred the hiree for each full-time vacancy during the Applicable Period;
4. Data reflecting the total number of persons interviewed for full-time vacancies during the Applicable Period and the total number of interviewees referred by each recruitment source utilized in connection with such vacancies; and
5. A list and brief description of the community outreach activities, not directly related to the opening of job positions, undertaken by the station during the Applicable Period.
The following sections provide the required information, and summarize the station EEO efforts during the Applicable Period.
This Annual Report was placed in the station’s public inspection file on February 1, 2018 and posted on the station’s website, in accordance with the FCC’s EEO Rules.
Time Period Covered: November 1, 2017 to February 1, 2018
Stations in Employment Unit: WKNY 1490 AM
Total Number of Persons Interviewed for All Job Positions: 6
1. Community Engagement and Outreach
Radio Kingston is dedicated to supporting and celebrating a healthy, just, and vibrant Kingston. On November 29th 2017 Radio Kingston hosted a public meeting at the Kingston Public Library to introduce the station to the community. At the meeting, the mission of the station was shared and participants were encouraged to participate in the development of the format by sharing comments, concerns, and asking questions. Community members were also encouraged to submit ideas for new programming at this meeting. The meeting was also streamed on Facebook Live on the station’s page. In addition, notice of meeting was carried in two local newspapers: The Daily Freeman and The Kingston Times. Fliers, in both English and Spanish, were posted throughout the city as well and were supported with Facebook advertising.
2. Contributing On-Air Host Recruitment
All community members are welcome to contribute an idea for programming at anytime via WKNY’s web portal, radiokingston.org. Potential programming is chosen based on its relevancy to the Radio Kingston Mission. Potential show hosts are then invited to pitch their show in person to the Executive Director.
To date, 20 new live and local programs have been added to the Radio Kingston broadcast schedule.
3. Continuing Recruitment
WKNY continues to receive submissions through its website, via direct email to the Executive Director, and in person at the station. Additionally another Community Conversation event is scheduled for Spring 2018.
Made in Kingston, NY