Radio Kingston Live Stream
The purpose of this EEO Public File Report (“Report”) is to comply with Section 73.2080(c)(6) of the FCC’s Equal Employment Rules. This Annual EEO Report summarizes the relevant hiring and EEO outreach conducted by WKNY 1490 AM.
The information contained in this Annual EEO Report covers the time period from November 1, 2017 to February 1, 2018 (the “Applicable Period.”) Consistent with the FCC’s Rules, the following information:
A list of all full-time vacancies filled by the Station(s) during the Applicable Period;
2. For each such vacancy, the recruitment source(s) utilized to fill the vacancy, including any such sources that have asked to receive information from the station about any new job openings, which are separately identified;
3. The recruitment source that referred the hiree for each full-time vacancy during the Applicable Period;
4. Data reflecting the total number of persons interviewed for full-time vacancies during the Applicable Period and the total number of interviewees referred by each recruitment source utilized in connection with such vacancies; and
5. A list and brief description of the community outreach activities, not directly related to the opening of job positions, undertaken by the station during the Applicable Period.
The following sections provide the required information, and summarize the station EEO efforts during the Applicable Period.
This Annual Report was placed in the station’s public inspection file on February 1, 2018 and posted on the station’s website, in accordance with the FCC’s EEO Rules.
Time Period Covered: February 1, 2018 to January 31, 2019
Stations in Employment Unit: WKNY 1490 AM
Recruitment Source for Hired Candidate
Number of Persons Interviewed
Technical Production Associate
Internal Progression – Part Time to Full Time
Total Number of Persons Interviewed for All Job Positions: 1
N/A – Internal Promotion
1. Community Engagement and Outreach
Radio Kingston is dedicated to supporting and celebrating a healthy, just, and vibrant Kingston. Among our many Community Events held in 2018, two are of particular note.
In August of 2018, Radio Kingston Sponsored a Community Block Party, providing staging, lights, sound, and broadcast support for a Community Event held in Midtown Kingston. This event brought together a number of local non-profits and neighborhood coalitions in celebration of the vibrant diversity of the Midtown District.
In September and October of 2018, Radio Kingston hosted a series of public events and discussions centered around racial inequality in the community, including a concert with Reparations programming, on air programming, and a community conversation held at the Old Dutch Church in Uptown Kingston. This organization had publicly apologized for their role in suppressing enslaved peoples, so it was a fitting location for this community conversation.
2. Volunteer Fair
Radio Kingston sponsored and participated at a Volunteer Fair at Sony New Paltz in September of 2018, in effort to spread the word about the station’s mission and vision, and to encourage community participation in our many events and initiatives.
3. Contributing On-Air Host Recruitment
All community members are welcome to contribute an idea for programming at anytime via WKNY’s web portal, radiokingston.org. Potential programming is chosen based on its relevancy to the Radio Kingston Mission. Potential show hosts are then invited to pitch their show in person to the Executive Director.
4. Contributing On-Air Host and Podcast Programming Recruitment
All community members are welcome to contribute an idea for programming or a podcast at anytime via WKNY’s web portal, radiokingston.org.
Made in Kingston, NY